This recipe is so good yet it doesn’t require too much time, effort, or ingredients. It’s easy & fool-proof, even for you first-timers!
- 1 (5 to 6 pound) trimmed bone-in leg of lamb
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil.
- Pat lamb dry with paper towels. Using a sharp knife, score the top side of the lamb by making shallow cuts all over.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, olive oil, rosemary, thyme, Dijon, salt, and pepper.
- Place lamb, fat side up, on a rack in the prepared roasting pan. Spread garlic mixture evenly over the lamb, rubbing it thoroughly into the scored cuts.
- Place into oven and roast until it reaches an internal temperature of 135 degrees F for medium, about 1 hour 30 minutes to 1 hour 45 minutes, or until the desired doneness. Let rest 15 minutes before slicing.
- Serve immediately with mini Hasselback potatoes.